Game 32NL home
- The game Game 32NL has finished!
- Congratulations to the winning Team of the Golden Bell Award:
- The game Game 32NL has finished!
- CT Hotel, C05 from the city of Copenstadt.
- The runner up from Amstelburg The Amstel ForSea, A06
- The winner of the audience award Boutique Hotel Wood Luxury, C09
Welcome to the Emerald Forest Hotel!
This is the Homepage of the HM International Management simulation game at Breda , called 32NL, June 2nd, 2020. All contents are in English as its main language.
What is the Game?
You and every member of your team are tasked with the take over the Emerald Forest Hotel as the new management of the Hotel. You will run the hotel, bring improvements to its current operations and deliver noticeable results when compared to prior years. Last year's performance results and its related decisions are being made available to you along with historical data as a point of reference. This becomes the same starting point for all teams.
Your hotels are located in the Netherlands, in a number of (fictitious) cities. In each city multiple hotels are also found. Your direct, or main competitors are the other existing hotels within your city.
CEO Jill Jandal and owner Christina Bergman ask that you manage efficiently and effectively the Emerald Forest Hotel. Coaches will help you achieving such a task; meanwhile Jill and Christina will be following any developments along the way behind the scenes.
What are the goals?
As newly management, your main task when taking over the hotel is to do better than your previous predecessors. The existing timeline and set dates of the Emerald Forest Hotel offer the possibility to apply your sound management skills and built knowledge thus far.
The learning goals entail that you and team:
- Process and analyze a large amount of data; and that you select and apply the right information that would successfully help you running the hotel;
- Work on assignments that will put into practice your developing skills, as so far acquired during the course of your first academic year;
- Run your own management team in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Behave as skilled managers: handling uncertainties, finding solutions and learning from own failures.
Consequently, you are expected to carry out quite well your managerial duties and deliver all of the following:
- A set of nine assignments during the course of the game: one during the first year of preparations (first round) and three others in the next consecutive years (or rounds).
- Offering a strong and clear substantiation behind each of your decisions and actions.
- Living up to the deadlines on a timely and punctual fashion while continue acting adequately on new situations and challenges ahead.
- Creating a competitive position and strategy for your hotel in your city.
This platform is your main source and where you can find most documentation of the many elements linked to your hotel.
The Game will use the Facebook group 32NL as an additional platform to profile your hotel: so join as soon as possible! Each management team needs to delegate one team member to join the WhatsApp group, which supports the process of the game itself.
Your coach(es) will be your first point of contact.
Be mindful that management deals with many uncertainties, and as such you will be confronted with a large amount of information along with many challenges. Managing a hotel may not be as easy as it appears. It is all part of the game.
Each team consists of approximately 5 students, whom you will be teaming up as the new management team. Each city will be guided by its own coach(es).
|Coach and cities|
|City name||Teams||Coach, see MS Teams|
|-01- Amstelburg||Team A01 t/m A10||GIN & BRO|
|-02- Budano||Team B01 t/m B10||MAR & KLN|
|-03- Copenstadt||Team C01 t/m C10||CON & BRW|
Module The Game
In this platform, you can find all required assignments to run your hotel.
Your entrepreneurial decisions and supporting explanations will have a major impact on your occupancy rate and will influence your profit, that of course next to the impact of the pricing you choose and its related costs. The game-algorithms will process all of this information and, depending on the outcome, rank your team.
The credits for this HM Capstone project will be awarded to you and team based on the five creativity assignments and their marks as obtained during the game. These assignments are graded per individual, similar to the team marks, unless specific situations call for another decision. These marks also have a direct influence on your occupancy rate. Regular feedback from your coach will support your team process.
Needless to say: having your team becoming familiar with all aspects of this hotel, will enable you to get a better grip on the game and help you in bringing the assignments to a good end.
|Round||Creativity assignment content||Creativity assignment mark|
|Preparation||Assignment 2.0||1- 10|
|Year 1||Assignment 2.1||1- 10|
|Year 2||Assignment 2.2||1- 10|
|Year 3||Assignment 2.3
You'll find the timeline and assignments on the page 32NL Assignments and timeline.
→ GO! Top of this page