→ Go! Category:Game play
Use of Team File
The Team File is a very important file for you. Most of your work is done in this file. Of course, there also will be 'live' activities, as well as some other tasks.
This file is a Google Spreadsheet and very similar to an Excel spreadsheet, and it is stored in the cloud. You can work with different people, from different devices at the same time. You can even use the app.
You just fill out the requested cells: it's easy.
Just a few remarks:
- You can change all content in the Team File as many times as you want, until the deadline.
- Be sure to decide who will do the 'last edit'.
- Only work in the designated cells. Do not change the layout, add cells, add tabs, rename the file, etc.
- To correct an error, you can go back many steps with Control-Z.
- Working on your Team File is the most optimal when you are logged in with a Google account. Then you can also use the version history in the menu and your ‘menu’ offers more options.
- There is no ‘Save' button: everything is saved automatically.
- You can copy/paste from Word, only the layout will probably not show-up correctly.
- Pictures: use insert image from the menu.
- Just upload one team picture and one new hotel logo, as requested. Do not make the pictures too large.
- As in reality, you cannot change things in the past, so do not change decisions in any Year if a year has passed.
- If a year has passed or is not yet 'available', it will be greyed out.
Your Team File looks somewhat (all Games are a bit different) like this:
In each game, the assignments will tell you what you exactly are required to do, in which Year and when.
To get an impression of a completed Team File, you can check:
By no means this is the perfect team file: it is just an example of a team file.
The Team File structure
The Team File, for which you have a private login, is the most important file during the game play. In this Team File you will find 4 tabs (bottom of screen):
- tab Year 0 where you start making strategic choices, introduce your hotel, your strategy;
- tab Year 1-2-3-4 where you make your decisions about Year 1-2-3-4 and give explanations each year, after the preparation in Year 0;
- tab Dashboard where you can find an overview of the most important financial results;
- tab Results where you find an operating review and other details about results and costs after each year.
As a management team, you enter all your decisions and explanations in your Team File. If you have problems with copy/paste, please read
Google Docs Help. There are a lot of tutorials on YouTube about working in Google Spreadsheets.
Deadlines and release
Each Year has its own deadline: you are not allowed to work on assignments or change decisions after the deadline.
There is also a specific moment which is called 'releasing of the results', this is the time when all your results will be made visible to you in your Team file:
- your hotel's operating review (revenues and costs)
- your hotel's key metrics
- the comments of your coach
→ Go! Following the Introduction to the Hotel? Step 07/10 is the page Competition on net profit, click here
→ GO! Top of this page